Wednesday, October 12, 2016

October 12, 2016. Fredericksburg, Texas. Hockey.

Ken and I are watching our first hockey game of this season.  It will not be our last.  We are at our favorite motel with nothing much to do, so I was cruising channels and found a hockey game just before the game was beginning.  And a good game it is:  Chicago against St. Louis.  Since we moved to Mississippi, we have been cheering for the Nashville team.  We had lots of fun watching them move through the playoffs last season.

The interesting thing about hockey is that neither of us recall who won the Stanley Cup.  How soon we forget.

Ken and I enjoy watching hockey but every time I see hockey, I am reminded of my brother in law, Ken Barby.  He would rather watch hockey than do anything else in the world, except perhaps attend a Salvation Army service.  He loved hockey and attended every game of the Owen Sound Junior team.   When he retired, he tracked every junior player from Owen Sound when they moved up into the NHL  My brother visited him in the hospital the day before he died.  He was not interested in the hockey game.  My brother knew he was no longer interested in this world and he passed away the next day.

Ken and I just like to enjoy a good fast game with lots of goals.   But we hope the Predators will get into the playoffs again.

No comments: