Friday, October 21, 2016

October 21, 2016. San Antonio, Texas. A Change of Plans.

Instead of driving haveto the ranch on Sunday, we will stay with Suzanne and David a bit longer, because on Tuesday I will have surgery on one eye.  The pressures in my eyes remain high, 27 and 30 and my glaucoma is too advanced for laser surgery so I must have real surgery with cutting and stitches.  At the moment I have tunnel vision and vision that comes and goes.  The surgery will do nothing to bring back vision but we hope it will stop the deterioration.  This will be a good thing.

The plan is to perform the surgery next Tuesday, with a follow up visit with the surgeon the day after. Then Ken and I will go to the ranch.  If all goes well with the first eye, the second eye will be done on November 8, with a followup the day after.  Then shortly after that, we will drive to Mississippi.  Fortunately, Suzanne has volunteered to fly down and drive us.  Ken is good for about 2 hours a day of driving and for awhile, my vision after surgery will be blurry, so once again, Suzanne will help us out.  So here we go again with another round of appointments and treatment.  Modern medicine is coming to my rescue yet again.

No comments: