Sunday, October 9, 2016

October 9, 2016. Harper, Texas. Moose.

Moose is a good dog anywhere but especially at the ranch.  This morning after breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast prepared by David at the ranch house,  David took Moose for his morning run through the pastures.  David drove the Mule while Moose runs. I went along for the ride.  Crush, the yellow lab is old.   His days of running through the fields are over so he rides in the back seat on the floor, enjoying the breezes and the views while Moose runs.

Watching a dog running at full tilt is a lovely sight.  Moose is a Weimereiner  and is sleek and fit.  As he runs ahead of the Mule, I could watch him as he raced hither and thither to both sides of the road, always checking to be sure David was just behind him.  At each corner, he waited to see the next direction.  Then he would head off with ears flapping, running as fast as he could go.  It was a beautiful sight watching him run.  He seemed so joyful and happy.

Ever since Moose was a puppy, he would walk up to me while I was sitting and put his head on my leg, waiting to be petted.  As long as you stroked his head, he kept his head in place.  Last evening while David and I were sitting by the fire in the pitch black, a warm head was placed on my leg.  It was Mouse, looking for some love.  When I stopped stroking his head, he lay down quietly.  There is no fuss or muss with Moose.  He is just a good dog and a beautiful dog too.

No comments: