Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Good News.

Today was a day of good news.  My friend Mary was given a boot and a different brace so now she can put weight on her broken leg.  Great technology.  She was not in love with hopping on one leg.  And she is feeling well enough to practice her flute.  Progress in Delaware.

My surgeon man checked my eyes today and he reports that both eyes are doing as well as can be expected.  Both eye pressures are fine and my right eye with glasses I can see 2/25.  My left eye is slower to clear up.  I am seeing 20/50 out of that eye.  Normally after surgery, it takes at least four weeks before they change your glasses.  My right eye is probably ready but not the left.  I will have to wait until we return from Mexico before I will be able to get new corrected lens.

The good news is that I can see out of my left eye.  Dr. K. is pleased.  I was well on the way to have no vision in my left eye but now I can see, although not too well.  He was anxious today when he realized that we leave for Mexico on January 7, and will be out of his reach.  He did admit that there was probably an Opthamologist in Puerto Vallarta.   I assured him that we found an Oncologist two years ago and all was well.  Now I do not need to see the good doctor for three weeks.  Good news indeed.  

No comments: