Wednesday, December 7, 2016

December 7, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Being Home.

My life has been spent going out.  Both Ken and I  went to work every day except when we were on vacation.  We attended concerts and parties.  And we went for long walks.  But we certainly did not spend a lot of time at home.  We were always on the go, attending band or songster practices or meetings of one kind or another.   And we entertained.

Now we are happy to stay at home.  I am still amazed that I am content to stay home.  Recently I read an article saying that one symptom of senility is when you cease to want to go out.   I wonder if this is true.    I guess we will find out.  One would think that not being able to drive is a major irritation to me, but it is not.  I am just relaxed about it and I do not fret.  I probably assume that one day I will be able to drive again so I am just waiting for my eyes to heal and my glasses are corrected.

Of course, our homes in the past were not as beautiful as those we live in now, but our homes were fine.  We just did not spend much time in them.  At our age and infirmities, being home is easier than going out.  And we both enjoy being home together.  This is a surprise and a delight.  It is true.  You can teach old dogs.  We are the perfect example that these old dogs have learned to stay at home and enjoy themselves.  Wonders never cease.

No comments: