Monday, December 19, 2016

December 19, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Christmas Music.

Missisippi College Singers held a Festival Of Lights.   I spotted the hour program on the TV Menu,  Christmas music is one of the delights of the season so I expected a joyful program of carols, sung by a college choir.  What I heard was beyond  expectations.  The choir was excellent with a pure sound.  Most of the pieces they sang were not familiar to me.  And they were interspersed with readings from the Bible with no break, so the hour went quickly.  I texted Christina  about the program and asked about the choir.  According to Kate, all members of the choir are music majors and take their task as choir members seriously.   "Much too great a time commitment for me", said Kate.  The program was on PBS and was wonderful.  What a surprise for me to hear that choir.   The program was held in the College chapel which is not big so the sound was superb.

The Mormon Tabernacle choir and orchestra was on TV tonight.  As usual, their productions are professional.  And once again I enjoyed the music.The choir is always good and worthwhile.     I am on a roll listening to this great Christmas music.   Now I must look for something good tomorrow too.

No comments: