Tuesday, December 6, 2016

December 6, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Birthday Girl.

Today I am the birthday girl.  In 1937 I was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, which means I turned 79 today.  I was born at Grace Hospital, the Salvation Army hospital where my Aunt Miriam was the person in charge.   Next year will be a Big O year when I turn 80.  Already friends from work are asking if we will have a Big O party.   Our party was to celebrate folks  in the office who turned an O year that year.  We celebrated in style at a hotel downtown.  Snow was falling so most folks took the Metro.  Great party in 2007.

I had learned early in my life to organize  my own party so this year Christina, Ken and I ate my birthday lunch at an Italian restaurant in the Renaissance.  Christina picked us up so we did not even have to drive.  The food was excellent, as was the company.  Elizabeth, our cleaning lady brought us dinner tonight so I have been well looked after today.

The rest of the day I spent checking my e mails from all my friends from Facebook.   And other friends and relatives contacted me too both by phone and Internet.   When we came home from lunch, a lovely floral arrangement was at our front door.   It had a Christmas theme so it fits right in with our festive decor.  David, Suzanne and the girls sent me the flowers.  Christina always bakes me a cake so I will enjoy that too.  I feel well loved and grateful.    Being the birthday girl certainly has advantages!!

No comments: