Friday, December 9, 2016

December 9, 2016. Madison, Mississippi. Sombro.

Around my birthday each year we have a party.   Years ago we rented an ice skating rink in Wheaton and invited our friends to come and skate.  When I was an agent I invited friends in addition to clients, always the Saturday closest to my birthday.   It was fun.  We served hot chocolate and donuts. and it was easy.

Since we have moved to Mississippi, we have been entertaining at Sombro, a Mexican restaurant near the Renaissance.  Tonight was the night.  We invite our friends and their children for Mexican food.   The children drink lemonade while the adults drink margaritas.  Everyone is happy.  The food is excellent and the service good.  All I do is pay the bill.  This is the fourth time in Mississippi we have held this event.

Normally I do not like to repeat an event but on the way home Ken suggested that the children like the idea of going to the same place.  He thought they were more relaxed in the familiar surroundings. I had intended to find another restaurant for our event but I could not muster up the energy to check out restaurants so I took the easy path and booked Sombro.   We invited guest for 6:00.  By 8:20, we were driving home.   This is a perfect amount of time to entertain  We were pleased with the evening and I think the children and guests were too.   The Christmas season has officially started.

No comments: