Friday, July 14, 2017

July 14, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Mystery.

Mal brought the blueberry cheesecake from the garage fridge and put the tray on the buffet.   I picked up the whipped cream from the same fridge and put the container into the kitchen fridge.   Next we sat outside and drank a glass of wine.  Pat and Mal arrived yesterday so we six were enjoying ourselves outside in the lovely weather when Gill stopped by to say hello.  By 7:30 we were ready for dinner.

First we ate the delicious berry salad followed by chicken fetticini and garlic toast.  Then it was time for dessert.  I was putting the cheesecake unto the plates and asked Irene to get the whipping cream.  But she could not find it so I went to look.  I was looking for a round container clearly labelled with a  plastic lid.  I also could not find it.  So everyone went looking.  We looked everywhere, even the trash.  Our home is not big so with 6 people searching every corner and shelf we were still unsuccessful so we ate our dessert without the whipped cream.  Ken was beginning to think that I had lost my marbles.

Everyone went to bed while I watched a baseball game.  And I was thinking through my steps and  recalled placing the whipped cream in the kitchen fridge.  So I removed a bunch of stuff to the garage fridge and looked at everything in the fridge.  Sure enough, a square container with a red lid was in the fridge at the top corner, clearly labelled whipped cream.  I told everyone that the container was round about 6 inches deep when in reality it was 2 inches deep with a red lid.

We called it the mystery of the disappearing cream with all 6 of us searching the kitchen and garage, giggling all the while.   Now we will all be able to have whipped cream on our breakfast cereal.  The best part is my marbles, which are all in place.  But I was totally wrong about the container because last week the whipped cream was in a round container about 6 inches deep with a clear plastic lid.   I just did not notice!!  But the mystery is solved.

No comments: