Sunday, July 23, 2017

July 23, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. My Phone.

Last week, Ken and I drove to the cottage, the first time we have seen it since last September.  We first deposited our trash in the Moosehorn Estates bins, then we inspected the cottage.  Fortunately, we still like it.  The place is small and rustic, and is a perfect retreat for the two of us.  We ate the lunch we brought and we took long naps.  Then we drove home.

Pat and Mal had driven to Mahone Bay and Dave worked out at the gym while Irene read.  We all arrived home at about the same time.  When I put away my belongings from the backpack, I realized I had left my phone at the cottage.  I had placed my phone on the trunk we use as a blanket chest, specifically so I could see it when we left.  There was no hope to return quickly as we were looking at a busy few days so I was without my phone.

Normally, this would not be a problem.  I don't get many calls here and I get e mails on my iPad.  But the timing was terrible.  Our ranch settles on Thursday the 27th and we had just been told that the water was not working in the main house.  I had called Pat L to investigate and I knew he would call with either good or bad news.  Finally today, we four drove to the cottage.  The weather was perfect so we enjoyed our drive in the country and our lunch.

And I retrieved my phone.  Poor Pat had called me 6 times and sent ever more frantic voicemail messages.  Something is the matter with the well.  The man will go tomorrow.  Pat was fearful for my health because I am prompt to return his calls and texts.  Now I am back in business with my phone.   And I hope the water will be working by settlement.  This is another example to keep me humble, leaving my phone at just the wrong time when timing was critical.  All resolved now.

No comments: