Saturday, July 22, 2017

July 22, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. A Perfect Day.

First, the weather today was perfect.  Warm and not much wind.  The ocean was calm.  The wind was from the north, which is unusual in July.  Pat and Mal went to the market in town this morning and discovered the the temperature in town was cooler than in Western Head.  And the wind in town was strong too.  They had a cup of coffee and a pastry at the market and the wind almost blew over the vendors tents.

Next we ate a final lunch with Dave and Irene, this time at Lane's Privateer Inn.  Wendy and Clausen joined us.  When I made the reservation I asked to dine in the library.  They indulged me so we 8 enjoyed the room all by ourselves.  The food is predictably acceptable.  It was my turn to buy lunch but before I could object, Clausen paid the bill.

This evening was the second installment of the Readers' Festival in Port Medway.  The visiting author was Darrel Greer.  For the first time since I have been attending, the place was not sold out.  But the audience was more energetic and enthusiastic than I had seen before.   Irene bought a book of his essays for our Canadian library which pleased me.  For the last few years I have enjoyed reading essays.  As usual, the reception was delightful

Best of all, we were home by 9:00 to see a beautiful sunset, a fitting ending of a perfect day.

No comments: