Saturday, July 1, 2017

July 1, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Neighbors.

No where else we live do people stop by to say hello, but it happens at Western Head.  Today around one o'clock Gill came by to say hello.  She and Mary had gone to the market down town by the river and on the way home she stopped by.  Ken had already had lunch and gone upstairs so Gill and I had a good old visit.  Soon Ken came back down and the two of them talked about medical things but I enjoyed just chatting about Florence and her visit to New York.  It was an unexpected pleasure in my day.

Around four o'clock, Walt and Mary brought us a container of freshly made soup.  Mary made the soup for lunch but there was enough left over for us and for Walt's aunt who is 92.  No time for a real visit.  Just a pop in with the soup and to say hello.  Yesterday afternoon they came for a proper visit, so we were able to catch up on Walt's health.  They both look great.

Thursday afternoon, Wendy and Clausen came over to bring the dogs and to say hello.  It was chilly outside so we chatted in the garage.  Tenor was not pleased being in the garage.  Something made him anxious bo Clausen took him home.  But it was wonderful seeing them here in Nova Scotia.  And Cliffie came by on Thursday too.  The visits are never long but I like them.  One of the pleasures of living in Nova Scotia is being within walking distance of our good friends.   I especially like it when they pop in to surprise me especially now that I am unable to drive.   It is just another simple pleasure in my life.

No comments: