Tuesday, July 4, 2017

July 4, 2017. Western Head, Nova Scotia. Shirts.

Up until now, my favorite shirt with a message was  given to me by Ken, the shirt that says,  "She Who Must Be Obeyed".   But I never wear it because it is a sweat shirt and too hot for the summer.  In the years when we came in the winter, I wore it with pleasure.  Now it stays in the closet waiting for us to return during cold weather.

On Tuesday I was given a new best shirt.  It says, "Never Underestimate an Old Woman Who Loves Books And Was Born In December".  Today I wore it with pride.  Dave and Irene brought it for me, after seeing it on the Internet.    The graphics also includes a picture of a tea cup.  This t shirt is perfect for me and is light weight so I can wear it in the summer.

I have a drawer full of t shirts but I wear the same 4 or five each week.   When we first moved here I bought shirts with stuff about Nova Scotia.  I have a shirt with lighthouses, and with whales and one with Canada printed across the front.  I even have some old Sentinel Title Company shirts that Bernie gave us when we went to Puerto Vallarta all those years ago.  I hate to cull the old favorites.  But now I have a new pretty shirt with a good message.  I plan to wear it every time it is clean and will send thank you words to Dave and Irene.  Great gift.

No comments: