Thursday, October 11, 2018

October 11, 2018. The Mississippi River. Dining Alone.

This small boat has one dining room with tables set for either 6 or 8. Meals are served at specific times. Everyone eats at the same time. The dining room is lovely with windows on both sides. But Ken and I do not like the room. For me, there is no place I can get away from anyone and for Ken the room is noisy so conversation for Ken is impossible. We said nothing for four meals but in the middle of lunch yesterday, Ken left and I brought food to him in our room. And I talked to someone in charge and explained our issues. I had some suggestions and she agreed. We are loving our meal times now. Ken and I dine in solitary elegance in the Paddlewheel Lounge on the second floor. The room is lovely with windows on all three sides. We have our own waitress. We love it. The room is quiet and we do not need to have the same conversation with different people for every meal. So we are happy as clams. The lady in charged offered to bring meals to us in our cabin but I said no and asked to be served in one of the lounges. Last evening was our first meal by ourselves and it worked well. Today three meals were served us in our private dining room. Our server is pleasant and enthusiastic and seems pleased to look after us. Most guests would hate it but we are enjoying being by ourselves in a quiet room. Many years ago, David and Suzanne travelled with us in Scotland for a week. We stayed at lovely Inns. One night, we four dining in a large high ceilinged dining room. A large fire was going at each ends of the large room. One table was set for us. Nothing else was in the room except for stuffed animals high on the walls. The room was magnificent. We four loved dining by ourselves in this beautiful manor house. Ken and are reminded of that dinner. Our room here is smaller but it is beatifically furnished. And we are dining alone with our very own attendant. Meals can not get any better. Once again, I have become like Adrea. I asked. And I received. Nifty.

1 comment:

Sara Lou Cardwell said...

Love your occasional reference to Adrea. I wonder where she is now.
Glad you are comfortable and enjoying.