Tuesday, October 30, 2018

October 30, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Good Reports.

The Neurologist was pleased with Ken's progress. Dr.H. was the young doctor who suggested that Ken's wandering days were over and he should stay in Mississippi where he could get excellent medical care. We laughed and agreed that was probably a good idea. But near the end of June, we began to think we could follow through on our summer plans. And we did. We had made an appointment with Dr. H. for September but we switched to the end of October, when we were home. Now we have made a believer of Dr. H. After watching the walking and the sitting up from a chair and the lack of a tremor, even he agreed that the summer for Ken in Nova Scotia was positive. And he agreed with us, finally, that we should do whatever we are able to do. So that was a good report card on Ken. The scan I had on Monday showed no cancer in the bones, or anywhere else in my body. So once again, I will not continue with Ibrance. I will continue with the Letrozole, which is a hormone. The first time I was on Ibrance it took 13 months before my scans were clear, which was a miracle. After 6 months of remission, the cancer had come back in my back ribs so I took Ibrance. Once again, my scan is clear. This time it took 10 months of therapy. Ken and I are pleased with my report. Now my immune system should return to normal. Neither of us are perfect but we are making progress. Good reports are always the best.

No comments: