Monday, October 29, 2018

October 29, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Getting Settled.

Kashina has been a big help. The four cases and backpacks are unpacked and clothes put away. The laundry has all been done. Each piece of mail has been opened. But now comes the hard part. My desk is not organized at all. I have stacks of papers to read to take action on or to pitch. A two foot pile of mail must be read and evaluate. It sits in front of the couch. My bed side table is covered with objects that must be placed in the proper place in the table. The top of our big dresser is covered with bottles and medications. No one can do anything with all that stuff but me. I will tackle things one at a time. In addition, as soon as I get caught up and settled in, I must move things in my closet because Kashina put things in the wrong place so I must put things to right. But I have made progress. The cook will cook for us this week. The cleaning lady will be here tomorrow. I ordered Christmas wreaths and sent Sarah her late Birthday gift. This morning Kashina drove me to have a scan and to see my Oncologist. We left home at 6:15 and returned at 10:10. Before I receive the results the Radiologist must compare my last scan to the new one and as the last scan was done at the University Cancer Center and the new one was done at the Baptist Hospital Cancer Center I must wait. Today my blood counts were low which one would expect as I am in my last week of Ibrance. I should hear tomorrow. Dr. Sheehan assured me she would call me today. But we are settling in. Both Ken and I walked each day. Bit by bit I will get things done. But it is slow going. Progress has been done, just not as quickly as I would like. "One thing at a time," I keep reminding myself.

No comments: