Tuesday, October 23, 2018

October 23, 2018. New Orleans, Louisiana. A new town.

We have not been in New Orleans together since 1970. Ken was attending a meeting and I came with him, leaving the young boys with helpers. The boys did fine without us and Ken and I had a wonderful time. I have been here several times since that time, for real estate meetings. I love New Orleans food so Ken and I will try to enjoy good New Orleans food. Our hotel is in the French Quarter so if the rain ever stops, we will wander around. We are just blocks from the river so we should have good rambling. Driving from the boat to the hotel was interesting. After a summer spent in Nova Scotia, seeing the traffic of New Orleans was interesting. We were pleased to see the charm of the French Quarter, with the iron railings and balconies on every building. Our room is pleasant and private. The hotel is old with 15 foot ceilings. Fortunately the place has been made modern but is still charming. Both Ken and I were weary after we left the boat. Getting organized to leave took its toll. Fortunately, our room was ready when we arrived at 9:30 and we both took a nap. So far, we have eaten our first meal here and it was delicious. Like many New Orleans restaurants, it was unassuming and was not fancy but the food was wonderful. I ate Crepes Florentine. As it is pouring rain and we ate at 2:30, we will eat our left over food here in the room. Tomorrow we will venture out, one way or another. I did wonder what we were thinking when we decided to explore a city on our own. We will figure it out.

No comments: