Sunday, October 28, 2018

October 28, 2018. Madison, Mississippi. Ooops.

"Do you want to use Tide or the other pods of detergent?" Kashina, our new helper was doing the laundry and asked what soap to use. I walked into the laundry room and pointed to the box of small packets. And I walked out. She came to me and asked if I really wanted to use the Cascade, which she told me was for the dishwasher. I was confused so went to look. Sure enough, the box I pointed to was Cascade. And I had been using it. I laughed and took the Cascade to the kitchen and transferred it to the already open Cascade box. Fortunately, not many were used up. But I am surprised Ken did not get a rash. He did report skin being itchy. When Rita and Ian were with us in Mexico, I took my laundry to the machine. The machine was busy but Rita told me she would load my dirty clothes after she was finished. And she did. Afterwards she told me that she had also removed the spots from my dress, spots that I had never even seen. She hoped that was OK with me. She commented that she had always admired the dress but wondered why I did not remove the spots. I laughed. My question is to wonder what else I am doing which is stupid without realizing it. Probably lots of things. But people are just too polite to say anything. It certainly gets me off any high horse!! I have always felt that I was competent. But now I am beginning to doubt it. Once again...I am kept humble.

No comments: