Thursday, October 25, 2018

October 25, 2018. New Orleans, LO. A Quiet Day.

In the middle of the baseball game last night, Ken and I decided we needed a quiet Day. Ken's wound was still bleeding. The bandage we put on was soaked with blood so we thought that Ken was working his arm too much. Pushing his walker on the terrible sidewalks and going up and down curbs were causing his arm to bleed so rest was in order. Today at breakfast, even though we wrapped another napkin over the bloody bandage, the waitress came and brough more napkins and duck tape. Perfect. And a couple hours after my delicious gumbo, it all came right through me into the commode. So I thought my gut needed a break. So we decided to stay in our room. The breakfast restaurant is next door so mid morning we went to eat. Ken ate a fancy French Toast and a cappachino while I ate a slice if toast and green tea. About mid afternoon, I got in the spirit of the day and began to think the whole thing was funny. I read and answered e mails and mid afternoon I ordered pizza and wings, perfect for a quesy stomach. Ken and I sat with chairs together and ate our meal, using plastic bags for plates and fingers for utensils. We had fun, although I ate only one wing and one piece of pizza. Fortunately we have a small fridge. The hotel front desk lent me a pair of scissors. Ken and I re bandaged his wound. And we let it air. Since our work, no blood has appeared and the arm looks like it was done by a professional. Amazing. Our day was the smart thing to do. My gut has settled down and Ken has stopped bleeding. Some days you just have to what you have to do, which was to have a quiet day. And it worked.

No comments: