Monday, February 18, 2008

February 18,2008. Mexico. This Modern World.

Do doubt about it.  This is a wonderful world.  One day this weekend, my son David was in Bethesda visiting Andrew and Christina and girls, after business in York Pa.  Especially he was visiting Molly, our new grandbaby.  My brother and sister-in-law,Dave and Irene, were in Florida with Pat and Mal Allington. My niece Marion and Gary from Hamilton, were in Texas at the lake house  and visiting with Suzanne and the girls in San Antonio. My friend Gill is spending a year in Cambridge,England auditing a class while she rows for the women's club team.  My friends Mary and Cliff are in California on vacation and Wendy and Claussen are at a family wedding in Florida. And of course we are carefully watching the 32 degree weather at the ranch while we enjoy the 75 degrees in Mexico.  This is a wonderful world.

Today was a light day for Ken after our outing last night.  We took the shuttle to the golf club for lunch, sitting on the outside balcony overlooking the 18th hole.  It's a great spot for lunch.Then on to the book store in our little mall so Ken could get some new books.  I bought two books on the history and culture of Mexico, so I will probably bore everyone with my new facts. I am reading 'A Forest for Calum' by Frank Macdonald, a first novel by a very good writer, also Canadian.  Tomorrow Ken is going to walk on the beach with the Joyce and Robbie, and I am having a massage.  Heaven.

I have been blessed in my life by my friends and family.  I miss my work friends too.  This Friday Ken will be 4 weeks post surgery and it is that time since I have seen or spoken to very few people.  Very unusual for me.  The good part was we survived and thrived and all did all my friends at work.  This is truly a wonderful world.

No comments: