Tuesday, February 12, 2008

February12,2008, Puerta Vallarta

We are actually in the new section of Puerto Vallarto, Nueva Vallarta. in a resort called Paradise Village.  Our complex is Playa Royale, made up of five towers of apartments with a central courtyard of pools and foliage, all fronting the Pacific Ocean.  Ken loves the trees and bushes and flowers, non of which he has to maintain.  The larger picture includes a very large time share complex called the hotel, plus a golf course and club house, a separate sports club with fitness center, tennis courts, pools, children's play area and of course a bar and cafe.  So the place we live here is very quiet. Everyone owns their own apartment, with four floors only of people like us who have fractional ownership.  We own 10 weeks of our apartment and so far we have not made it here for the 10 weeks. But we like it here.  You must have a life of your own in your mind, have access to the internet,bring lots of books and be fit and able to investigate the town and country.

For the first time since surgery Ken went to a restaurant for lunch.  He has been walking but only on our outside corridor but yesterday He ventured down to the closest restaurant, and we lunched on the beach under cover at the Beach Party.  We three were very festive.  Fortunately we take the wheelchair when we venture forth.

Old habits die hard.  After dinner last night in the apartment Suzanne and I were beginning to clean up I immediately excused myself to go to the restroom.  I chuckled to myself because even if I am solely responsible for doing the dishes I always have to go to the restroom.  When a girl, my sister and I always cleaned up the kitchen, did the dishes and made everything neat and tidy.  I discovered that when I went to the bathroom in the beginning, my father would help out with Carol, my sister.  It took a long time for both Carol and my Father to realize I had a pattern that  let me out of my chores.  But by then my pattern was set and now I always go to the bathroom before I do the dishes.  Every so often I chuckle.
 
 

No comments: