Thursday, February 21, 2008

February 21, 2008. Mexico. A quiet Day.

We saw the green flash again.  All four of us.  I just can not believe it.  These past two weeks we have seen the green flash five times.  I have looked for that stupid green flash for the past 45 years.  We have been told about it.  And now we too have become believers in the green flash.  Now we have to look up what on earth this green flash is all about, now we know it can be seen.  Of course, Joyce thought she saw two green flashes.  The sunset was beautiful.

Our day was quiet but productive.  Joyce and Robbie went on a tour of the country around Puerto Vallerta, which they said was interesting but tiring.  They were glad to have taken the tour but won't be quick to take another.  Ken and I read all morning, then took the shuttle to the market, where we walked around a bit, then walked home.  More reading and walking in the afternoon, then when Joyce and Rob came home at six o'clock we all watched the sunset.  Dinner at home.  Ken is doing well when you consider that 4 weeks ago tomorrow he had his surgery.  He still has to rest and sit down after a walk of five minutes or so, and he has a bit of a nap morning and afternoon.  But he is clearly getting better.  The only thing he needs my help is to scrub his back in the shower.  Next week he will be able to drive.  He thinks that his recovery from the lung surgery was a more difficult recovery than this one.  I don't think this is so.  When he was recovering from the lung surgery in 1963 I was teaching, and I had to do my job.  We lived in an apartment on the second floor of a home.  We did not have the ability to go to Mexico.  But after I finished teaching summer school Ken and I went on a freighter cruise out of Montreal.  And then he recovered.

So we are pleased to have had this time in Mexico.  The weather is just perfect.  Not too hot and not too cold.  And just like baby bear, we are happy.

No comments: