Friday, October 24, 2008

October 24, 2008. Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Haircut.

Today was the day all my curls needed to be cut off. I am not sure what triggers this signal in my mind that my hair needs to be cut. All of a sudden, I can not tolerate all my hair for one more day. Most folks I know plan ahead, so they know that in one month or two an appointment needs to be made to cut their hair. For some reason that I don't understand, I will not do
that. I wait and wait until I can not stand my shaggy hair for
one more day, so I am forced to find a hair cutter to make me neat and tidy. Fortunately, my hair is easy, because often I am not at home so my hair is often cut by someone I have never met. In fact, I have gotten into the habit to always have my hair cut when I am away. I have more time when I am away from home and I have been able to find someone to cut my hair in every country or county we have visited.

Most people only have their hair done by only one person, in fact their own person feels upset if anyone else cuts their hair. In the years when my hairdresser cut my hair regularly, she would be uspet if someone else had cut my hair, and she always criticized the cut. Now, this was my hair, not hers, and I was irritated with her attitude of her ownership of my hair. I did what any reasonable person would do and I quit having her cut my hair. From then until now, I have my hair cut by anyone who will cut my hair in the place where I want my hair cut right now. Today I got lucky. At the Mall in the resort, a little lady fixes hair, and at ten this morning, I walked in and she cut my hair. No shampoo, just wet and cut. Before I could stop her she sprayed my hair with some stuff, but when I hollared, she stopped.. She spoke no English and my Spanish words do not include haircut, but we did just fine. I gave her 150 pesos and we were both happy. I am now neat and tidy until the next time.

No comments: