Thursday, October 9, 2008

October 9,2008. Chevy Chase, Md. Observations.

When driving to work, the trees I see at this time of year are beautiful. Every year is different but beautiful. My favorite trees are the big old oak trees, where just the ends of the branches have turned orange and yellow, while the rest of the tree is green. At the farm last weekend, the whole side of the hill had tinges of yellow and orange. It is quite a wonderful sight. This weekend should be even better. For some reason, the amount of bright red colors are in short supply.

The power of suggestion is a powerful thing. The other morning, I had an early appointment, so I had no time to drink coffee at home, so I did what I have done hundreds of time, I took a cup of coffee with me in the car. Ken urged me not to take the cup of coffee with me , as the last time I had coffee in his truck I spilled coffee in his new truck. He was not pleased. I assured him that in my car, a spill or two would make no difference, so off I went, happy as a clam. Within five minuted, I spilled my coffee, not on my car, but right down the front of my blouse. I was too far from home to go home to change, so for the whole rest of the day, I had to try and cover up this big dark stain. Fortunately, I was wearing a jacket, but the jacket had no buttons, so every so often my big dark stain could be seen. Of course, I pointed out my stain to everyone, and blamed the whole thing on Ken, as he put it all into my mind. You can be sure I have not yet told Ken. But next time, I'll probably leave my coffee at home.

No comments: