Saturday, October 25, 2008

October 25, 2008. Mexico Exercise

I do not know why we pay a lot of attention to ourselves here, but we do. Perhaps because we have nothing else to do except exercise and read and explore. I only know that we do take better care of ourselves here than anyplace else. The better question is why we don't take care of ourselves at home and in Texas and Nova Scotia? Here we have the time. Here we have the facility. Together we both go to the gym three times a week and we walk every day. Today was the first time Joyce and Robbie came to the Sports Club with us, and they did very well. The trainer put them through their paces and they came through with flying colors. Of course, the best part of the exercise routine is the hot stub and steam room, followed by a lovely lunch. Today we ate lunch at the golf club, outside overlooking the last hole. The four of us were joined by Mike, their son, and friend Sandy, so we were a very festive party of very self satisfied folks. In fact we were down right smug.

I have always been active, but one aspect of my exercise program has been dismal, and that is the weight lifting and the use of the machines. Over the years I have started a program and kept it up for a bit, then I just find something else that must be done, so I quit the program. I am sure this is a character flaw. I suspect that the reason I am so happy to exercise here is that I know I am leaving soon. Joyce is sure that once she knows what to do and how to do it she will continue the exercises. I know the program, in fact I know more than the trainers, but I still only do the exercises here. I walk and I use light wights at home and in Nova Scotia, but I don't go to a gym in Texas or Nova Scotia or Bethesda. Maybe in my next life I will be perfect with my exercise program but I am not counting on it. At least we are looking after ourselves here and we are enjoying it too. So I will continue my drill and hope for the best.

No comments: