Tuesday, October 28, 2008

October 28, 2008. Mexico. The Market.

I do not like the Market in our complex here. There is really no reason, except that the Market has a corner on the market, here in Paradise Village. They act in ways that show it too. There do not have enough choices, and the staff are not helpful. But it is irritating. Of course up to now we were happy to buy our limited groceries at that market, and I did not think a thing about it, because I had no option. But now there is a huge new store in Bucerias, the Mega, and for ten dollars in a taxi I can go there and buy all my groceries. And I can thumb my nose at those unfriendly staff people at our local market.

Bucerias is a small town just north of Puerto Vallerta. It is definately not a tourist trap. Once it was a small fishing village, but it grew. Now a lot of the staff in Paradise Village live in Bucerias. Ken and I have eaten lunch there several times and we have wandered around the town a bit. We took the bus home and we would go there again. But now that the Mega store , the new big Mega store has just opened, I am going to go to Bucerias the very day we arrive, even if Ken will not accompany me. Actually, Ken does not care if the Market in our complex could and should be better, and in fact, he does not even notice. Somehow are other, I can not help myself. First I notice what should be done, then I want them to fix it, and when I can not fix it, I turn a blind eye and go somewhere else . I know it is ridiculous, but it is true, and I am afraid I will never get better. Another Market is supposed to open very close to us, so maybe the competition will help. We will see. But in the meantime, I am shopping at Mega.

No comments: