Thursday, October 30, 2008

October 30, 2008. Mexico. Letters.

My Mother wrote me every week. Ken would smile when he read the letters because almost every letter included the report of her friend who had died. He called her letters the death reports. Now being a Salvation Army Officer for so long and being so active in the Danforth Corps meant that she had a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. We left Toronto in 1964 for Texas, and she died in 1974, so for those ten years, from her years of 64 to 74, a lot of her friends died. Now, 40 years later i am bit older than her, the same thing is happening to me. I have been told of three people who I knew well who have died, just these past two weeks. Now this is enough for now. When I am in my 80's I will be ready, but not now. So I am going to resort to the number three. That is it for now, I am sure.

But with death comes birth. Maria and Joe's baby girl was born and Tojo and Connie's baby boy, both told me via the email and telephone. So we have joy and grief during the same time period. Life does go on.

Despite my best efforts to warn Robbie with the exercise routine, he injured a small muscle, so today Ken and I worked out while Joyce and Robbie stayed at home. Then we four took a cab to Bucerias for lunch, where we dined by the ocean and ate fish. And of course we drank huge margarita's. In fact Ken drank two. When we arrived home, instead of coming down to the pool with me, he took a long nap. I arrived up to the apartment at 6:30 to find him still sound asleep. They were good!!

No comments: