Sunday, October 5, 2008

October 5, 2008. Chevy Chase, Md. Singing on the Road.

There is another thing that ends up with sales. The other day I wrote briefly the reason the agents are doing so well, and that was the sharing of information, and the positive attitude towards success. The other factors that make for success is that the agents do their job with competence, verve and joy. There is no sense that failure is just around the corner. Rather everyone expects that great success is just around the corner. Now I don't really know that comes from, but I do know that the agents do their job with great joy. Over the years, we have added the agents who fit our criteria, and when they joined us, they added our spirit to their spirit. I understand that we have problems with our cases, but I know that we work very hard to solve those issues with a pleasant and professional manner, but over every transaction is the overlay of joy. And I am grateful.

The weather at the farm this weekend was wonderful. Blue sky, breeze, 70 degrees. We saw many deer, all in small groups, and two red tailed Hawks, who screamed at us when we went walking. It has been awhile since we walked the nature trail, so Ken and I walked the trail, then walked down to the farm house. I am in the middle of organizing the farm house. Andrew and Christina have moved to Mississippi, so they will come to farm very infrequently, so I am putting the place to rights. I wonder if they read this small web log, because they will hate that I am organizing the closets and the pantry and the chest of drawers. But it will soon be completed and I will be happy. I like order in my space. While they lived in the old farm house I paid no attention, but now that I am in charge, I feel required to get everything in order, so it will be ready for anything. But the weekend was lovely. Everything is so green, with lost of action at the farm. While we were walking the trail, we saw spider webs all across the trail, often five or six lines right across a span of several feet. Now the question we had was how do the spiders get those lines right across, with no down line to anchor them. It is a magical thing, and I do not understand how they do it. I wonder how they do it?

.

No comments: