Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April 1, 2009. Puerta Vallarta, Mexico. Schedule.

It started with a warm blanket on my back and ended with three clear rings of a bell. In between was sheer delight. Warm aromatic oils throughout the whole massage made me think I was living in Roman times. It is my guess that massages have been used since we were people. I for one think they are just wonderful. A lot of the experience has nothing to do with any therapy but all together the experience is delightful. I arrived early so I could shower and hot tub then rewarded myself with eighty minutes of a massage, followed by a sauna and another shower. By the time I arrived home at noon I was totally relaxed. Of course I was relaxed when I left this morning too. For some reason I could not recall the first time I had a massage. On the table today I was trying to recall when I was introduced to massages, but I could not remember. It certainly was not when I was young because I would have had no money, but I do know that I have had a massage on almost every vacation since I stopped being poor. I have no clue if they are good for you or not, but I know that they make you feel good so I intend to continue the practice.

This afternoon we started back to the gym. Our exercise has been on the back burner but no more. We intend to go to the sport's center three times each week. The place was almost empty when we arrived at three o'clock, so we have decided to start going there regularly in the afternoon from now on, as the mornings are busy in the gym. Our schedule is now set. Every week we will take a bus to a little town up in the mountains, starting tomorrow. No way to avoid planning ahead in this Family.

No comments: