Monday, April 27, 2009

April 27, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. Dogwood Trees.

Once again you forget from one year to the next, and every year you are struck with the beauty that is Washington in the Spring. The warm weather this weekend has brought out all the blossoms on the dogwood trees, both white and coral, and they are at their peak right now. The azaleas are just coming out too, so this place is ablaze with color. In every direction you can see dogwood trees all in full bloom and the azalea bushes right behind. I often complain about the gardeners in this area, because the Spring is glorious with it's color, but you must wait until the Fall when the crepe myrtles come out for any more color in the gardens. But I tell you, the Spring colors are unbelievably beautiful. In Nova Scotia, the plants are in bloom all summer, but not here. Now I know the summer heat kills all but the hardiest bushes, so I have learned to enjoy the Spring and wait for the Fall, and go to Nova Scotia in the summer.

Sometimes I act really stupid. My dear daughter-in-law, who is married to Andrew, has a birthday April 23, three days before Andrew They have been married for almost fourteen years, and would you know, I forgot her birthday. I even talked with her through the week, and for some stupid reason I forgot all about it. I have known this information , but somehow or other I just forgot. How could this have happened? It certainly keeps me humble. I did send a large basket of flowers to them both and the next time we are visiting them we will take them out for dinner for their birthdays, but my goodness, sometimes I act really stupid.

I have a new little computer and will take it on my next trip. I had been using Ken's computer here at home, which was inconvenient for Ken. He hooked up an old lap top on my desk, which I have been using the last four weeks or so. Now I have a new fast system right on my desk. I am happy.

No comments: