Tuesday, April 14, 2009

April 14, 2009. Mexico. Exercise.

There is no doubt about it. We get more exercise here in Mexico than we do at home in Bethesda. Just today we worked out over the noon time at the gym for about an hour, then after reading for the rest of the afternoon we walked over to the Mall to get my hair cut. It is a bit over a quarter mile walk. We decided to wander down to the bar at the hotel, which is another quarter mile, and then we sauntered back home along the shore, for a total of something over a mile, in addition to our work out. This is a good thing I think. Monday evening we decided that two weeks here was enough time here, so we decided to cut our trip short and spend a few days with the children in Texas, but the changes were just too expensive so we decided to stay where we are. I really think that Easter without family or friends around seemed too boring. Next time we will plan a better schedule. We have an exercise plan for when we get home. Now we just must execute our plan.

While sitting at the bar at the hotel I was impressed with how well all the ladies looked in their bathing suits and cover-ups. The whole picture was coordinated and they looked great. I tried to figure out why I look so bad at the beach and getting to and fro from the pool. Everyone else seems to have made a real effort to look good, while I look as if the cat dragged me through the yard. I have no answer for why I pay no attention to how I look at the beach or getting to the beach. I do know that I wear old T shirts to cover up my bathing suits and that I buy my bathing suits from catalogues, which I wear whether or not the suit fits me well. If the bottoms are too long I just cut them off. The Texas children think that is the funniest thing in the world, to wear a bathing suit that has just cut the bottom off. And I wear only two suits at a time at each place, until those bathing suits fall apart, which takes about eight years. Once my friends Gill and Ann and Mary threw my old suit in the trash because all the elastic had stretched. I am sure my attitude about bathing suits is a character flaw, but maybe it is an asset. Everyone who sees me through the day by the pool has something to talk about at dinner.

No comments: