Thursday, December 10, 2009

December 10, 2009. Mexico. Moving Time.

Tomorrow we leave for Maryland. In some ways the time has flown away and in another way we seem to have been here many months. Today we dined at lunch just up the street at a new restaurant that has turned out to have an excellent chef. Also, today I have spent packing away all our stuff into our lockers. Our boarding passes are in my pocket and we are ready to leave bright and early Friday morning., first to Houston and then on to National Airport in Washington. We like to be able to arrive at National because we can use the Metro to Bethesda, then pick up my car from work.

I am always excited about a travel day and I am not quite sure why. Lost of reasons please me. First off is the lack of anything to do except watch the people. All I am required to do all day is eat, drink, walk and sit... and watch the world go by. Secondly, I am thrilled to be home to organize our next jaunt and complete my Christmas preparations. Soon we will drive to Jackson with a truck full of dishes and clothes and towels to outfit our new place, along with two coolers of Angus beef for Andrew and Christina. The biggest issue for me is the clothes for me to take to Jackson to leave in the condo. It is complicated, but I bet I can figure it out.

Tomorrow we leave after a very happy stay here in Playa Royale. We have enjoyed the walking and the weather and the reading. We will return!!

No comments: