Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8, 2009. Mexico. Topiary and Birthdays.

In my mind, this place seemed an unlikely place to see it. Now I know the foliage is lush and well tended, but I certainly did not expect all this topiary. On the half mile walk from our apartment down to the hotel/time share, these fancy shaped trees and bushes are all along the road, in every resort. It comes as a big surprise every time I see them. There are hats and boats and birds, but my favorite is the bird house. The whole tree has been cut in the shape of a bird house, with openings in the front and side for the birds to enter. I love it. I wonder if any bird every makes his home there? They are all so whimsical and fun, that every time we walk by I smile.

Birthdays are lovely. Your children phone you and talk a long time, just to me alone. My brother and sister call with greetings. The grandchildren all call to sing Happy Birthday and chat with me, one at a time. And several friends called, wanting to share in my big day. I am always so impressed when folks remember my birthday. Allison my 8 year old granddaughter was the one who remembered first in their family. She found it on her calender!! Clever child. I had a wonderful day but next year I will celebrate with family and friends.

No comments: