Tuesday, December 15, 2009

December 15, 2009. Bethesda, Md. Dinner.

There is something special about having dinner with old friends. Last evening Ken and I had dinner in the home of Wendy and Clausen. Mary and Clif were there too, driving all the way over from there home in Annapolis. We have been friends since the early 70's and have watched each others children grow up, so one of the topic of conversation is to catch up on on the children and grandchildren. Nova Scotia has become the summer place for all of us, so we always catch up with news from there. Mary and Clif stay later into the Fall and attended The Celtic Colors in Cape Breton Island this year so we all needed a report. The evening just flew away, and then we had to go home.

Wendy cooked the main course, a wonderful french dish made of potatoes, sauer croute, bratwurst, chicken, and lots more. It tasted great. Mary brought appetizers and I bought pies from the Belle Grove at the farm. Home made pie is always a treat, especially for Clausen. With three helping, no one is left with all the work. But Wendy and Clausen have the biggest task. Oh yes. Clausen made a delicious salad with all the goodies you like in a salad.

Another topic is the dogs. The puppy Tenor is growing up in size but still acts like a puppy. Wendy is teaching him tracking because he loves to work and he needs a lot of activity. The greyhounds are both wonderful still, even Clem who is old. Roulette is gracious and majestic, a wonderful combination in a dog.

Our evenings together are few and far between, except when we are in Nova Scotia, so it is a real treat to be together. We enjoyed every minute. "No friends like old friends."

2 comments:

dave buckley said...

I don't know why spelling errors bug me but they do. Possibly because I was always a good speller without having to do any work to get that way. We usually have trouble understanding why others can't do as well as we do with skills which come easily to us.
Usually I restrain from making corrections to the blogs since most errors are likely typing errors but the spelling of the ingredient in Wendy's dinner was so egregious that I couldn't resist.
Repeat after me - sauerkraut, sauerkraut, sauerkraut - and don't forget it.

dave.

Rambling with Ruth said...

I am so happy that you gave me the correct spelling. I like my spelling errors corrected, so correct away. But I won't remember it. Interestingly thought, spell check could not give me the correct spelling. Ruth