Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16, 2009. Chevy Chase, Md. Staff Lunch.

We do it twice a year, in June and December, to celebrate and give thanks for the staff. April is the normal day to celebrate the staff, but we do things differently, first by accident and then by design. In the early years of my life as a manager, I always forgot about this special day in April. Then some staff person asked me what I was doing to do about the staff this year. At our weekly staff meeting, I apologized to the staff, and we collectively decided to go out for lunch in June, when the restaurants were not as crowded. This has been our routine ever since. Over the years we have added the Prosperity Mortgage and the Insurance staff join us.

One June we were having a wonderful time having a lot of fun at Clyde's in Chevy Chase, when I suggested that we do the event twice a year, once in June and once in December to celebrate my birthday. Today we had the best time we have had. The Panetaria was the restaurant. Eighteen of us enjoyed the wonderful Italian food and toasted each other with water!!

No comments: