Tuesday, January 12, 2010

January 12, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. Mistakes.

I make quite remarkable errors. I say and write things that I know one thing is accurate but when the information comes out of my mouth, I say the wrong thing. It would be fascinating if it wasn't me. If I am with a friend or relative, I get corrected and then I say it again but say it correctly. Often I am not aware that I have made an error but sometimes, the look on the face of the person to whom I am speaking will look odd, so I re-think what I said and then fix the error. Opposites get mixed up by me often. I will say tomorrow when I mean yesterday which certainly is confusing to people. I routinely mix up personal pronouns. I have been known to say "We had a great time at the beach tomorrow." My words tends to be confusing.

Recently I used Celsius instead of Fahrenheit with temperatures. How could this have happened? It is amazing. Yesterday I spoke of Millions rather than Billions. My spelling is atrocious. I used to be a good speller, but no more. I would like to think that I have totally recovered from my spell of being loopie. But actually, I am going to blame my errors on that event. Of course, there is no way to know whether I would be this way at age 72 with no loss of words, but I am going to blame that spell on all my errors. Ken does not make such gross errors as I do now. I like to think that I am getting better, and that I am making fewer errors now that six months ago. Being eternally optimistic, that will be my story and I intend to stick with it. But I will appreciate every and all assistance in correcting me when I make errors.

No comments: