Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January 26, 2010. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. My Morning.

It was exciting and productive and it was all mine. First, after breakfast I walked to the mall and exchanged dollars for pesos. That means I have my own money in my purse without getting money for Ken, so no telling what I will do in the future. Next was a haircut. I had made an appointment for ten o'clock a.m. and I arrived just before ten to discover that the place was not yet open. Mexican time is closer than American time, but not quite exactly the same. Soon the two young ladies arrived and soon my hair was being cut. I liked it in that she did not ask me any questions. In addition, she was quick. Twenty minutes and I was done. Of course, it probably is way too short to look good, but who cares.

Next on my agenda was a pedicure. Last time we were there we discovered that just across the mall from the hair cuttery was a lady doing nails. My appointment was for eleven, but as I was there early, she took me in. This is the best part. The salon has really good cable TV, so the young lady, who speaks very little English, hands me the clicker and I am set for the duration and pay her no mind at all. It was fun. Now my toe nails look wonderful even though my hair is very short.

My only other task from the morning was to buy ice cream at the market, which I did. Everything on my list was checked off. Lunch at the golf club followed by reading by the pool completed the day. Such a lovely morning. Such a lovely day.

No comments: