Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010. Kingsport, Tenn. Mistakes.

I am not traveling with a coat. I am not traveling with a jacket. Since we left Jackson, where I intentionally left a warm jacket at the condo, I have been without any garment to keep me warm when going outside. That was not smart, traveling so far in this cold weather with nothing to keep me warm. If we have car trouble, I will freeze to death. All my life I have carried a wool sweater and a heavy blanket in the car, just in case of an emergency. I do this summer and winter. Now, I not only have no warm blanket, but I also have no coat. This is stupid. This is also very UN-Canadian to be so unprepared!!

In my defense, I was not expecting frigid weather. Leaving Tupelo this morning the temperature was 11 degrees F. and tonight when we checked into the motel it was 14, much colder than normal in the South. A normal person would just buy a jacket, but I refused to do so as I already have too many jackets and coats and I did not want another. I am shedding objects not acquiring them so I just stay cold when outside and rush to the door upon arrival. It has worked. I do not really enjoy being cold and I know how to keep warm in very cold weather, but that requires a warm coat, scarf and gloves along with wool socks. Unfortunately, I have nothing. I think I am paying penance for my stupidity!!

No comments: