Sunday, September 12, 2010

September 12, 2010. Artemas, Pa. Energy.

First thing this morning I washed the outside tables on the deck. A summer of dust made everything dirty. Now they are clean, which pleases me. Next I did a load of laundry. But that was all I was able to accomplish. This illness has taken us down. Last night, every time Ken lay down he coughed so much he got back up to read, only to try again later. This meant he slept very little. Both of us are lacking energy and feel the need to lie down regularly. It makes us think that something other than a cold is at work. Ken has started himself on antibiotics, but my immune system usually works well by itself. This illness is hanging on.

I am imagining us in ten years time, shuffling around our home barely keeping up with routine activities. I washed the table early this morning because I knew my energy would be gone early in the day. I think it will not be a pretty picture. I have led my life with an abundance of energy, and now I have none. I have always ignored colds and pushed through my work, but that might not be smart. Maybe I should just rest all day. I am not required to take ibuprofen every four hours all day as I have been doing up till now, so I must be getting better. We will both be happy when our energy levels return.

No comments: