Wednesday, September 15, 2010

September 15, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. My Car.

My car will not be my car much longer. Soon it will be removed from my parking lot and taken away from me for ever. This car has been with me since 1992. My car phone was firmly attached to the floor of the front seat along with a box in the trunk and an antennae on the trunk door. It was very high tech back then. Now I am donating my wonderful old car to The Salvation Army. Just like that, next Tuesday, they will take it away forever.

This is a smart thing to do. I only drive eight miles a week. Weather permitting I could walk. My plan is to rent a car on the days when I must drive, but most of the time I can use the truck. Ken will drive me to work in the morning and this week, Suzanne has taken me home at the end of the day. She lives just five minutes away and does not mind.

Monday after work my car would not start so Tuesday the AAA came to get me started. The young man gave me a lecture, telling me that I just must drive my car for longer times, so rather than drive it around for an hour to charge the battery, I came straight home and told Ken to donate my car, which he did. I will save money and I will eliminate hassle, but I will not have my smelly old car, which is probably a good thing. But I will miss it.

No comments: