Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27, 2010. San Antonio, Tx. Home Again.

They have even grown since the summer. Sarah soon to be thirteen and the same height as me, Abigail 11 in the sixth grade in a new school and Allison and Samantha working hard in the third grade. Lovely girls growing up very nicely. Of course, I am biased.

A woman taxi driver brought us from the airport to David and Suzanne's home. I don't think I have ever been driven by a woman in a taxi. She was competent and careful but mute which suits us just fine.

After school, while Suzanne took Abigail to the dentist, Ken and I along with Samantha and Allison stayed at home. The girls ate a snack, then did their homework, which included getting ready for a Science test tomorrow. It turns out that I forgot to review the work with Samantha. I'm getting old. After homework the girls played outside, then went swimming. They were in the pool so long they got chilled. Lots of activity, lots of fun, lots of play. David went to Sarah's Volleyball game so brought her home after a big win.

This was an auspicious day for Abigail because she had her braces put on her teeth. They hurt. It goes with our family mouth I guess. One year and she will be done, said the dentist. I was happy to see her begin the process. She looks great. I am happy to be here in Texas too.

No comments: