Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010. Chevy Chase, Md. A Mess.

It is never a good idea to walk into your home and be met with a terrible smell, but that was what greeted us at home yesterday afternoon. The kitchen sink was full of putrid water. This nasty water had leaked onto the counter top and into the drawers, finally landing on the carpet. It smelled awful. What a mess.

The manager called the plumber to unstop the drain. I emptied the drawers and cleaned up the counters, also the floor. The carpet is still out on the balcony, awaiting the trip to the cleaner. This morning early I ran a dishwasher full of cutlery, also took the dish towels and aprons down to the washing machine., so by the time I went to work, the kitchen was beginning to look some order could be restored. Ken bought more cleaning supplies today at the grocery store. Tonight after dinner I finished organizing the cutlery along with the compartments. By this time tomorrow night we will be back in business. Except parts of the wood floor is black and some of the drawer fronts have separated.

Next time we will have some one check the apartment every week, a system we use every where except the apartment. We should have known better. Also, also my car would not start. Next time I will ask Jose to drive my car every month. He would love to drive that vintage car every week, I am sure. We get too soon old and too late smart!!

No comments: