Saturday, January 1, 2011

January 1, 2010. Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico. My Hats Live.

Sarah asked first.  "Now that Grandma is retired, could I have one of her hats," asked Sarah to her Mother. Suzanne relayed the message to me, so I asked Regina to send me seven hats, to be put into each Christmas bag of goodies.  Regina sent seven hats to David's home.  Then I got smart and decided to ask Regina to send all my hats to San Antonio.  It took four boxes to hold them all.

The girls were thrilled with their one hat which they wore the rest of the time opening gifts.   After all the gifts had been opened by both adults and girls and we were sitting in the glow of pleasure, I set out the four boxes of hats for them to open.  They were so excited and spent the next hour modelling the hats and insisting all adults wear one too.  We looked totally ridiculous but we were happy.  The rest of the time in San Antonio they each wore a hat, a different hat each time.

When they returned from the ranch, Suzanne set out all the hats in the middle of the living room and the seven girls took turns picking a hat until there were four hats left.  At that point, the young adults chose a hat each which they wore the rest of the holiday.  The girls held a fashion show of hats, even three year old Molly joining in the fun.

The girls decided that every Christmas they will give the other cousin one of my hats along with their gift.  Now some of my hats are in Jackson, Mississippi and some hats are in San Antonio, Texas.  Long reign my hats.

No comments: