Sunday, April 10, 2011

April 10, 2011. Double D Ranch, Harper, Texas. Roll Ups.

On the way to Joyce and Robbie's house,  Ken asked me what we were having for dinner.   Usually Joyce invites us for a specific meal and tells us what she has prepared, but tonight, even though she told me what we were eating, I did not know what she meant.  I told Ken that we were eating roll-ups, but as I did not know what she meant by roll-ups, it would be a mystery meal.

Every part of the country has there own  customs.  It takes awhile to figure out all the differences.  Sunday evening is a time when a light meal is served.  Many people go out to a big meal after church, so the evening meal is not a proper large dinner.  Joyce and Robbie often eat roll-ups, which is Polish sausage with dark break around it and served with mustard.  Kind of an ethnic hot dog.   Potato chips and Frito's accompany the roll-ups.  Cinnamon rolls for dessert.

Great food.  Great company.  Now I know all about roll-ups.

No comments: