Saturday, April 2, 2011

April 2, 2011. Canyon Lake, Texas. A Day at the Lake.

David has taken his boat in to be checked out for the season,  Unfortunately, the cover came off and rain filled the boat part way up the motor, so before he runs it, he wants it checked out.  While out, he and the big girls are renting jet skis,  so soon they will roar up to the shore in front of the house.  As David correctly stated, "With the boat, something always needs  fixing".    Ken's response was that he has spent a life of solving and fixing problems, which would be accurate and for which we are all eternally grateful.

The lake is quiet today.  A couple of fishermen only.   Ken and I have been fortunate to be here in the off season, so for us, the lake is usually quiet.  The summer is not quiet, especially the holiday weekends, where the noisy Seadoos fill the water.  I have been told that most activities cease at 6:00, so the warm evenings are quiet.  I can hear the machines now, coming in the distance.  I had better wave to the girls.  I, as a grandmother have my responsibilities!!

No comments: