Tuesday, April 26, 2011

April 26, 2011. Canyon Lake, Texas. Springtime.

It is rare for me to wish to be someplace else.   I don't long to be any place other than where I am right now.  But last evening when I talked with my friend Phyllis and she described the weeping cherry tree in full bloom in the yard at the farm, it did cross my mind that I am missing it.  She said that it was in full bloom and was beautiful.  Also she was astonished at the number of calves at the farm.  There were lots and lots of calves.   But I remind myself that we can not be everywhere and that right now, we are enjoying Texas.

Many times, people, even good friends,  will ask us what place we like the best.  Is it Nova Scotia?  The farm in Pennsylvania?  Texas?   Mississippi?  Mexico?   Our response is always the same.  We like the place best  where we are that very day.  I don't know why we have always lived for the moment, especially when we spend so much time planning for the future, but it is true.  We enjoy where we are with little thought about anyplace else.  Except when your good friend calls to tell you of the beauty of the blossoms.

No comments: