Thursday, April 21, 2011

April 21, 2011. Harper, Texas. My Sister.

My sister is a busy lady, much busier than me.  And she is always doing something for someone else.  Now she has taken on another task in Owen Sound.  At The Salvation Army community church that she attends, she has taken on the task of taking dinner to anyone at the church who is sick or has a death in the family, just to let folks know that someone cares for them.  As she told me brightly,  "It is not a big deal.  I get dinner,  pay a visit and chat a bit, say a prayer with them, then leave with everyone happy.  It makes me feel good too".

Today we talked on the phone for almost an hour, catching up with the children and grandchildren.  We e mail back and forth,  but for her it seems too much like work, so she prefers to talk on the phone.   Her husband Ken loves hockey and they  attend every game of their Major Junior A team in Own Sound.  This year the team has met with great success and they are now in the third round of the playoffs.  If they win, they will play for the Memorial Cup, or maybe I mixed that up.   Hockey is a big deal in Canada and especially so in the smaller cities such as Own Sound.

Carol has always been a good sister to me but I can not imagine leading her life.  But hats off to her.  She is always doing something nice to someone.

No comments: