Sunday, October 30, 2011

)ctober 30, 2011. Jackson, Mississippi. Baseball.

This years World Series was spectacular but not many people watched the games.   Living in the Eastern Time zone  as I did,  the games ended too late so I missed the last few innings of each game.   Then I would forget so the first person I met I would ask "Who won the game last night?"   No one ever knew.  No one seemed to be watching the games.

Finally we entered the Central Time Zone and I was able to watch the whole game,   watching the St. Louis Cardinals win the series.  It was a super series with sparkling plays and timely hitting.  I loved it, when I could stay awake to see the games.

The Baseball organization is doing nothing to appeal to  the public.   The worst part is their lack of opportunity for children.  No afternoon games and every game too late.  Games too long.  Commercials begin immediately between innings and often returning to play after two or three pitches.   And the baseball Commissioner, Bud Selig can't even make a short speech without reading and stumbling his words.   If they continue their policy, next year one in ten people I ask will know something about baseball instead of one in five for this year.   I love baseball and the World Series but the organization needs help!!

No comments: