Thursday, October 13, 2011

October 13, 2011. Avignon, France. A Roman Aquaduct.

The sun is shining and the mistral wind is roaring down the Rhone River.   I studied human geography in the 11th grade and I learned  about the history and development of the Rhone River.  It has come back to me during this trip that I knew a lot about this fierce wind even though I had not spoken about it for almost sixty years.  I wish I had saved all my notes but really, I must now look it up on the Internet to learn more about it.

This afternoon we will journey to a wonderful Roman Aquaduct, still intact after over two thousand years ago.  Those Romans built for the ages.  On the way back we will stop at a small medieval city, still enclosed by the walls.   At sundown, the walls were locked every night and those late were left out in the cold.    We would do just fine as Ken and I don't like to drive much at night so we would be safe at home when night falls.  People don't change!!

No comments: