Thursday, October 20, 2011

October 20, 2011. Artemas, PA. A New Home.

It is true that we have been coming for weekends to Artemas since 1973 but it is also true that we have never lived here full time.  In many ways, we are starting from scratch.  Today Ken found a place to cut his hair in Bedford and we picked up my skirt that was being shortened at a cleaners.  We also took clothes to be dry cleaned so now it will be called 'our cleaners in Bedford'.   The nice lady in the cleaners told me about her brother-in-law,  who owns Barnes Auto Repair, so we now have an appointment to take the truck to them for servicing next Tuesday.  So we are organizing our life, here at the farm, bit by bit.

I think the author's name is Darcie Chan and the book is about a recluse.  I enjoyed the book, reading it on my I Pad when we were away.  It is charming and well worth the read.  I think the title is The Recluse in Mill River.  One problem with e reading is the book is never there to refer to for the author and title and it seems that the Kindle or IPad is always somewhere else.    The plot is somewhat contrived but the main characters are lovable and interesting.   I have always been interested with people who are reclusive so this book added to my knowledge as well as being an enjoyable read.

No comments: